Help for companies
The Indiana Plan exists to help companies hire a diverse and qualified workforce. The Indiana Plan exists to help minorities and women get careers in the union construction industry.
To become an Indiana Plan signatory contractor,
Please contact our Indianapolis office for information:
Contractor EEO assistance
The Indiana Plan will assist contractors Signatory to the Indiana Plan with EEO requirements pertaining to the Sixteen Affirmative Actions Steps.
The 16 Steps are required by the U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
The Indiana Plan can help your company
- We provide signatory union construction contractors with the “How to Stay in Compliance” guide for the 16 affirmative-action steps.
- Twice a year, we notify 100 recruitment sources statewide on behalf of our signatory contractors.
- We mail notices throughout the year reminding you of the monthly activities required to show your commitment to affirmative action.
- In January of each year, we remind you to submit a current affirmative action statement for the new year and update the “Appointment of EEO Officers” notice if necessary.
- We make certain you are following up on new-hire I-9 forms, EEO-1 reports and Vets 100 reports.
- We meet with you once a year to review your affirmative-action statement and discuss goals with supervisory personnel.
- If you are notified of an upcoming audit, our staff will review your EEO files and documentation of the 16 affirmative action steps and will attend the audit if desired.
- Upon completion of an audit and receipt of the conciliation agreement and findings, our staff will assist you in meeting these findings.
- We work with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) to hold contractor training sessions to educate your EEO staff on requirements.
16 affirmative action steps – EO 1126
I-9 form – Employment eligibility verification form.
Vets 100 form – Federal contractor report on veterans employment.
Indiana Plan Signatory Contractors
To become an Indiana Plan signatory contractor, contact our Indianapolis office at (317) 639-4661 for information.
ABC Cutting Contractors
ATEC Electrical Contractors
B&L Sheet Metal & Roofing
Beaty Construction, Inc.
BMWC Constructors, Inc.
C Lee Construction Services, Inc.
Chance Brothers Marble & Tile
Circle B Construction Systems
Complete Electrical & Communications
Crown Point Comm Foundation
Dave O’Mara Contractor, Inc.
General Piping, Inc.
Gibson Lewis of Indianapolis, LLC
Harmon Construction, Inc.
Harmon Steel, Inc.
Hawk Enterprises, Inc.
Henry C. Smither Roofing
HIS Construction, Inc.
HRP Construction, Inc.
J.C. Ripberger Construction, Inc.
James H. Drew Corporation
JCI Bridge Group
Kettelhut Construction, Inc.
Midwest Mole, Inc.
NECA Northern Indiana Chapter
North Mechanical Contracting
Poindexter Excavating, Inc.
Powers & Sons Construction Co.
Precision Builders Inc.
R. L. McCoy Inc.
Smock Fansler Corporation
Smoot Construction, LLC
Taylor Brothers Construction Co., Inc.
The Hoosier Company, Inc.
Walsh & Kelly
The Indiana Plan for Equal Employment is a 501 (c) 3 not-for-profit corporation. A membership contribution of $250 or more is tax-deductible.Thank you for your support!
“It’s hard work but very rewarding.”
2122 Dr. Martin Luther King St.
Indianapolis, IN 46202
780 N Union St.
Hobart, IN 46342