Indiana Plan curriculum
"Education is the most powerful weapon, which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
- Orientation to Building Trades:
- Required paperwork.
- Visits by trade apprenticeship coordinators:
- Who we are. What we do. What we are looking for.
- Basic needs of all trades:
- Tape-measure reading.
- Communication between employee and employer.
- Expectation from employee.
- Time management.
- Math skills:
- Pre-Apprenticeship Training Manual.
- Chapters 1-15.
- OSHA 10 Construction.
- Visits by past Indiana Plan trainees.
- Life skills.
- Financial management.
- Apprentice job interview skills:
- Mock interviews.
- Drug testing.
- TABE testing.